Friday, March 4, 2016

WHY I BECAME VEGAN


These past couple of months have been...difficult in a sense for me. I’ve been very stressed with school and my upcoming high school graduation (I seem to always be saying I’m stressed, but hey-- I’m pretty much always stressed. I’ve also been struggling with my body. This is my first time actually saying this, but I’ve become unhealthy in the past couple of months (very, very unhealthy), and I acknowledged that it was time to make a change and get my body healthy again. I wanted to make a change and I thought to the vegan lifestyle. I’ve been doing research/ looking into the vegan/ vegetarian lifestyle for awhile now, and I eventually decided (last weekend actually) that it would be a good change in order for me to become healthy and save the environment and animals in the process.

Now, to tell you the truth, it has been hard so far. Since I am coming from a past of severe calorie restriction it’s difficult for me to stop listening to those thoughts and eat the right amount of food for my body. I know the food I am putting into my body is incredibly good and healthy for me and will only provide my body with energy. I am slowly starting to have a good relationship with food again.

The most common question I’ve been asked since informing my family of my decision is, “Where will you get your protein?” News flash people: PROTEIN DOES NOT ONLY COME FROM ANIMAL PRODUCTS!! People have been misinformed about the amount of protein you need in a day and in fact, too much protein can actually be harmful to your health. Some great sources of protein for vegans are:
  • legumes
  • beans (kidney beans, black beans, chickpeas/ garbanzo beans)
  • greens (spinach, kale, spirulina, broccoli)
  • whole grains
  • rice/ quinoa
  • tofu
  • peanut butter/ pb2/ nut butters

I’ll link some videos/ posts I’ve read that have helped me in my decision to become vegan or that have given me information about the vegan lifestyle/ I encourage everyone to become vegan! You will have so much more energy and save the lives of innocent animals in the process.

FORKS OVER KNIVES

EARTHLINGS

101 REASONS TO BE VEGAN

If you have any questions on being vegan or the vegan lifestyle, feel free to ask me questions!



1 comment:

  1. Healthy lifestyle is so important especially in the world we live in now.

    ReplyDelete